Wow. Has it really been almost a month since my last post?
Time really flies when you’re having fun and I’ve been fortunate enough to enjoy a great summer right here in Boston. Those of you that follow me on Instagram might have seen glimpses of my daily whereabouts or at the very least you know what I wore or what I ate. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can still view my posts online via Webstagram or please follow my FB fanpage. 🙂 And yes, this my shameless attempt to garner more followers but they should fill the void between my bouts of radio silence.
Speaking about my one month hiatus, would you like to see more updates on here? Andie Mitchell wrote a great post about blogging and I think it’s definitely worth reading if you have the time. I stumbled across her blog a while back for the food but I enjoy reading the things she shares with her readers. I’m in constant awe of bloggers that post frequently and kudos to the power bloggers that are so responsive with their follows via social media.
I’ll admit I’m way behind on both blogging and reading my favorite blogs. I’m still learning how to juggle blogging in my daily routine and I don’t want it to become a chore. I work in a technology related field and started blogging as something fun to do on the side. So far I’ve enjoyed
every minute I’ve spent blogging, immersing myself in social media
(still hate Twitter because I’m long winded) and connecting with others
that enjoy/appreciate the same things.
On lighter note, here are a few fun things I recently enjoyed (including a few I do on a repeat basis, namely shopping and eating and hopefully not too many cupcakes are involved):
- Playing 3D dodgeball at Sky Zone.
If you can get past the smelly, sweaty, ugly rental sneakers then you should have a blast fulfilling your inner child’s dreams of jumping up and down, up and down and knocking a few people out in the process. muhaha
Warning: Bounce off the walls at your own risk. I almost twisted my ankles doing this. >.<
- Playing outside. I’m admittedly no good at corn hole, volleyball or badminton but it’s nice to enjoy the sun doing outdoorsy things after being holed in the office.
- Eating cupcakes. Try the daily flavors at Georgetown Cupcake.
I like trying new bakeries don’t you? The long lines definitely piqued my interest. I think they have good cupcakes but at the same time they didn’t knock my socks off. I also heard about Flour Bakery but I have yet to try them.
- Watching movies. My favorite movies this summer are Ted and The Dark Knight Rises.
- Shopping on Newbury St. Window shopping is also acceptable. There’s nothing like strolling along Newbury St. and popping into shops that catch your eye and did I mention the people watching? If it’s too hot for you just duck into Copley or Prudential Mall. 🙂
- Taking a stroll along the Boston Public Garden.
A scenic view with swans, ducks and weeping willows is always a nice way to laze the day away. Bring a book, bring a friend, bring your partner, prepare a picnic. Enjoy some Italian ice at a nearby stand (I love the watermelon flavor).
By the way, how is your summer going? 🙂