Ann Taylor Framed Fringe Tweed Jacket, size XXSP (size down for a closer fit) | LOFT Ruffle Henley Shell, size XXS regular (review here) | c/o Ann Taylor High Rise Performance Stretch Skinny Jeans, size 25/0P (review below) | Ann Taylor Mila Leather Pumps in camel (true to size) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
Before diving in to the try-ons and reviews I wanted to share some updates from this week:
1. The pick up in store option at LOFT and Ann Taylor hasn’t been working for the past week due to their inventory process. As soon as inventory is over this option should be available once again (hopefully by Sunday).
2. I finally updated my Poshmark with new listings! It’s going to take a while to get through all the items I want to list but I’ll try to do updates in small waves.
3. I found an interesting eyeliner stamp for achieving the winged look and I ordered the smallest 8mm to try. It works best when you keep your eyes open as noted in their instructions for a longer line. I am terrible at eyeliner and the only other product that I found easy to use with my lack of coordination is the Clarins 3-dot eyeliner. Update 2/24: This eyeliner was okay until I walked outside when it was drizzling and humid and then I noticed it bled a bit. I also have oily eyelids so waterproof liner and mascara isn’t always as effective on me as explained by this blogger. Also the 8mm width may be too extreme for me. I prefer a more subtle, everyday look.
4. I was lulled into One Two Cosmetic‘s sleek videos and testimonials for their pricey magnetic eyelashes. (I’m aware of the Ardell magnetic eyelashes but I haven’t tried them yet). Unfortunately their accent lashes did not work for me but I have never figured out how to apply regular falsies either. In 2014 I had eyelash extensions for about six months in order to get used to them for wedding day photos but once I stopped getting the refills I noticed my natural lashes had thinned out. Anyway I digress but I ordered the One Two accent lashes which are a waste of money in my opinion. They’re very delicate and difficult to put on with my hands or with the applicator. After 2-3 failed attempts to apply them the tiny red dot that marks the lower lashes fell off. I also managed to crush/misshapen and pull out a few lashes from the very delicate band as seen in this photo. Feel free to judge my total lack of finesse. Their checkout process was full of pop-ups for more deals/discounts on their various sets (I should have recognized these warning signs) after I placed my order. It took one too many clicks before I finally arrived at the order summary page.
5. I noticed that this popular Express classic double breasted trench coat (review here) has been restocked in all regular sizes. It’s also comes in more new colors for the spring including light grey and coral. I’m also eyeing these two options at Uniqlo for the short and long trench. This H&M short trench is another contender.
TRY-ONS & REVIEWS
The above framed fringe tweed jacket has a boxy fit so I tried sizing down for a closer fit. I found the jacket to be too boxy so I sadly had to pass. The color is a tan color in person rather than pink which I had assumed based on their online stock images. The one that they are selling is different that the version seen in sneak preview shared in Ann Taylor’s Instagram stories on February 1st as seen here (yes I took a screenshot).
This jacket was recently featured on Ann Taylor’s Instagram feed here. I ordered my usual size 0P but I found that the overall length is shorter than I prefer. Click here to see how it looks like fully zipped. If I order it again I would want to try size 00 regular to see if the extra length would help with the proportions.
I meant to order this blazer in two sizes to try but I only ordered my usual size 0P. I found that it’s wider and boxy through the waist and hips as seen in this clip. Sizing down might be an option for a closer fit but I’m afraid the sleeves would be too short on me.
This is another item I was unsure about with the sizing and I found that my usual size XSP was too long and loose. The overall length fits more like regular missy proportions rather than petites. I do want to try this cardigan again in size XXSP to see if it’s a closer fit.
I was really excited about this midi dress but it’s not midi length on me and I’m 5′ 2.5″. It was a bit looser at the waist in my usual size 0P but I’m afraid that sizing down would make the shoulders and arm holes too narrow for comfort. I didn’t love the tie neck detail tied or untied and I wish it was a v-neck neckline instead.
The spade prints for this collection is really cute and I ordered this top to try. My usual size XSP fits more like size XXSP and the shirtail hem curves up very short on the sides. I want to try the top in size XXS regular for extra length but I’m also curious about this top in navy blue and white spades. The multi-colored spade scarf was really pretty when I saw it in store.
This is a really beautiful print and I love the button details on this blouse. I reviewed the winter white version in size XSP here. I ordered this printed version in two sizes but I found that size XXSP is a better fit since I have a smaller chest. I didn’t end up keeping this top since I wasn’t sure how much I would reach for this darker print.
I loved the few ways I saw that Ann Taylor styled this sweater online so I ordered it to try. It was listed as a tailored fit so I went up two sizes intending for it to be a looser fit. Size S is still a body hugging fit on me and I am usually XXS regular or XSP in tops. This sweater also has a matching sweater skirt here.
c/o Ann Taylor High Rise Performance Stretch Skinny Jeans, size 25/0P | c/o Ann Taylor Shreya Scalloped Suede Flats (true to size) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
I love these new stretchy jeans featured in my recent sponsored post here and the petite inseam is on point. I took my usual size although I had ordered a size down for comparison but the smaller size was too snug where the 3 buttons are. Pictured is the classic mid indigo wash but it’s also offered in a lighter bright mid indigo wash.
Ann Taylor Frayed Hem Performance Stretch Skinny Jeans, size 25/0P | Steven by Steve Madden Abilee Pump (true to size, very similar style linked here) | Click here and here to view the clips from my try-on
I thought that these new frayed hem jeans were very chic but the knees are baggy in my usual size in the modern fit while the waist fit me well. I am going to try ordering the curvy fit in a size down to see if it helps with the fit through the legs since I prefer a smooth fit if possible. The pocket lining is see through in the front but not overly so. The petite inseam is very flattering with both flats and heels. Note that the Ecru color is an ivory/cream color in stead of white. Update 2/24: Click here for my review of the curvy fit.
Ann Taylor Textured Wrap Top, size 0P | c/o Ann Taylor High Rise Performance Stretch Skinny Jeans, size 25/0P | Steven by Steve Madden Abilee Pump (true to size, very similar style linked here) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
I had high hopes for this wrap top but struggling to find the right size. My usual size 0P pictured above was too short waisted to be a comfortable fit. The placement of the snap button was too high and awkward in petites. I then found and tried on 0 regular in store (pictured below) which was a more comfortable fit and proportion but there is a lot of excess fabric at the waist so it makes me look wider when the wrap style is supposed to create the illusion of a trimmer waistline. I may order size 00 regular to see how it fits before I give up on this top since it is pretty. I was also eyeing the meadow floral wrap top.
This peplum top is really cute if you like more casual tops. Size XS was a relaxed fit on me so I probably need my usual size XXS regular for a better fit.
I was on the fence about this Glen plaid suit set but one of my favorite Ann Taylor people asked me to give it a try. I tried on size 0P which was too loose and slightly longer so size 00P was a better proportion on me. The arm holes of the dress (pictured below) were a bit snug on me though but the blazer was still a comfortable fit despite sizing down.
I love this new floral midi dress and I tried on size 00P but I believe I need size 0P since I was afraid to breath or move around after I zipped up. I was doubtful about the longer length until I put it. The hem hits a few inches below my knees. The wrap portion has a hidden snap button but the bust is more snug even on my smaller chest (I’m a 32A or 34AA in petite bras). Update 3/24: I reviewed size 0P here.
Click on the image to shop
I am very impressed with the new arrivals in shoes this season. I chose these three pairs as part of my gifted items.
c/o Ann Taylor Kerry Suede Slingback Pumps (true to size) | Banana Republic Skinny Zero Gravity Ankle Jean with Asymmetrical Fray Hem, size 25P | Click here and here to view the clips from my try-on
These slingbacks are very classic make your feet look so dainty. They ran true to size for me.
c/o Ann Taylor Mila Scalloped Suede Pumps (true to size)
I love the Mila leather pumps and I adore the scallop details on this suede pair. These run true to size for me with a small gap in the back (perfect for when my feet swell in the heat or from a lot of walking) but they may fit 1/2 larger if you have more narrow feet. Update 2/19: If you don’t wear heels I came across these cute scalloped slingback flats at H&M.
These scalloped flats are a comfortable fit and they fit true to size but if you have narrow feet you may want to go down half a size since these have a wider fit. They’re not stiff at all so they were immediately comfortable with no break in period at least for me.
I also ordered these leather scalloped pumps to try and they run true to size. I already have the non-scalloped version of the Mila leather pumps so I decided I shouldn’t keep them although I really wanted to.
I love the little dots of this new wrap dress and I like the straight hem versus the tulip hem in the polka dot wrap dress I reviewed here. The top wrap portion is very open so I would need to sew a hidden snap button to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions.
This elbow patch blazer keeps coming back each season and this year it’s also available in a pretty blue shade. I fit my usual size 0P but the sleeves are a bit short on my arms so I probably need size 00 regular for the extra length. Note that I have longer arms than my fellow petites since I can usually wear 23-24″ long sleeve tops.
I though this sweater was really cute with the blue stripes and I tried on size XS regular for sizing. It’s a bit long on me so I would prefer it in petites for the slightly shorter overall length. I prefer a looser fit so I wanted to try size SP which is currently sold out online.
LOFT –Update 2/16 at 3:40PM ET: Get 40% off full-price styles + get an extra 10% off at LOFT with the code EXTRA10. Save an extra 50% off sale styles. Shop my sales picks here. Refer to all of my LOFT reviews here.
Yesterday at 11AM ET they pushed a mobile text alert with a unique coupon code for an extra 10% off. In case the code I received is good for multiple use please try NRPDWG4ZVLDD.
FYI. LOFT Cash is back! Earn $25 LOFT cash card for every $50 you spend in stores or online now through March 3rd, 2019. Redeem your LOFT cash cards March 12-26 to save $25 on every $50 full-price purchase in stores and online. Click to learn more about LOFT cash redemption.
Ann Taylor – Get 40% off full-price styles with the code SOSWEET now through 2/19 at 3AM ET. Plus save an extra 50% off sale styles. Alternatively use THANKS7 for $50 off your full-price promotional purchase of $100+ (excludes third-party merchandise). Refer to all of my Ann Taylor reviews here.
Shipping Tip: Sign up for ShopRunner and enjoy free 2-day shipping on orders of $25+. You also get free mail returns for orders placed using the ShopRunner shipping option (it may look like they’re charging you the return shipping fee but the moment the package is scanned by UPS or USPS you’ll get your money back). As always you can also return your online orders in stores. Being a member of ShopRunner allows me to buy exactly what I want without adding filler items to my shopping cart. I originally signed up for ShopRunner via PayPal which offers a free membership for two years. ShopRunner is also a complimentary service for AmEx and Mastercard holders. I have since signed up for ShopRunner through Mastercard after my LOFT card was upgraded to a World Mastercard.