Happy holiday weekend to those that are celebrating! I’m sitting on the couch with Ralphie and my husband and we will probably finish Game of Thrones before the weekend is over. I finally received this polka dot robe I ordered on 3/31 but I’m still waiting for the matching cami (currently sold out) and shorts to arrive. It’s a thinner robe and I like the length which covers my knees. Update 4/16: I just received the cami and shorts today!
LOFT Polka Dot Robe, size XXS regular | LOFT Dotted Lace Trim Pajama Cami, size XXS regular | LOFT Polka Dot Pajama Shorts, size XXS regular | Exact Slippers are sold out (similar here) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
Both LOFT and Ann Taylor are offering free mail returns at this time. If you’re not familiar with mail returns they are processed as soon as UPS or USPS scans your return package (you cannot select the carrier) and from my prior experience some return packages get scanned right away. If you have the ability to drop off your return package directly at the post office or the UPS store as applicable then your return should be processed right away. My building picks up packages for both UPS and USPS returns so most of my returns get scanned into the system the same day and I receive a credit back to my account the next business. In full disclosure I have seen a delay with one of my recent mail returns from end of March. I thought my return package was lost in transit but eventually it was scanned by USPS and I received my refund.
LOFT Lace Hem Top, size XXS regular | Topshop Jamie High Waist Crop Skinny Jeans, size 26W x 30L (last featured here) | c/o Ann Taylor Shireen Mesh Flats (review here) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
I’ve been eyeing this tee in white and I finally ordered it on sale on 3/28 but it took a while to receive in the mail due to shipping delays. It’s almost sold out during this recent sale but sizes will pop back online as people make returns. I took my usual size XXS regular for a relaxed fit. The length is 24″ and it’s not too sheer with a nude bra.
I couldn’t decide which white tee to get so I also ordered this one to try as well. I took size XXSP which fits like my usual size XSP. The white color isn’t too see through with a nude bra.
This smocked hem tee is so cute and it also comes in pink if you prefer a pop of color. It’s not too sheer which is always a good thing for white tees.
c/o Ann Taylor Smocked Hem Pima Cotton Tee, size XSP | c/o Ann Taylor Frayed Sculpting Pocket Skinny Crop Jeans In Icy Sage, size 25/0P| c/o Ann Taylor Minny Wavy Leather Sandals (true to size) | Click here to view the clip from my try-on
I took my usual size in the tee and colored jeans. The cutout neutral sandals also come in metallic gold and they have a wider fit so I wouldn’t recommend them if you have narrow feet. They run true to size for me but I could see them running a 1/2 size bigger for some people.
c/o Ann Taylor Minny Wavy Leather Sandals (true to size)
I love the side tie detail of this stretchy striped dress and I took my usual size for a relaxed fit. I like the overall length (35.25″) which isn’t too short. Note that the thin stripes are blue and not black.
This striped dress is slightly longer in the back than the front. It is fully lined so it’s not sheer. My usual size XSP is a looser fit so I wish I went down a size for a better fit. The vertical on-seam pockets come opened instead of stitched shut so they can add some bulk at the hips.
This crinkled black jumpsuit fits true to size but it is very difficult to put on since it doesn’t have a side entry zipper or keyhole opening in the back. I had to slip on the jumpsuit through the v-neck opening with only one arm in the arm hole to start. Then I was able to pull it up above my shoulders to carefully slide my other arm through the other arm hole. The 26″ inseam crinkles a little at the ankles in me (I’m 5’2.5″ and I usually prefer a 25″ ankle length inseam).
This lightweight cardigan is the perfect layering piece for the spring and summer and it also comes in blue and pink. Size XXS regular fits me pretty well although the sleeves are slightly long but this cardigan is not available in petites.
This pleated jumpsuit looked so cute online but I found that the torso (top portion) is still slightly longer on me in my usual size. Since I have minimal curves the pleats combined with the wide pants legs overwhelms my figure. It is well made and fully lined. The shoulder straps cut in a bit more so a strapless bra is recommended or else normal bra straps will show.
MINCED MEAT RECIPE
Minced meat served with napa cabbage
Taiwanese minced meat is one of my favorite comfort foods that I grew up with. I recently shared the recipe (and other random videos) on TikTok here. Here are the steps and ingredients for easy reference:
1. Brown ground pork (or other ground meat of your choice). I usually use about 1 pound of ground pork. If there’s a lot of water while browning the ground pork you should pour out some of the excess liquid. Otherwise you can can usually cook out the water.
2. Add 3-4 slices of ginger.
3. Add scallions (also known as green onions). I used about one bunch but the more scallions the better in my opinion.
4. Optional: Add dried shallots. Again the more shallots the better in my opinion.
5. Add a few taps of five spice powder (approximately 1/2 teaspoon).
6. Add 1 teaspoon sugar.
7. Add enough light soy sauce to cover the browned ground meat halfway. Add more soy sauce if you prefer it to be saltier.
8. Optional: Add five spice tofu (I prefer Nature’s Soy brand featured on this blog) cut into small cubes. Mix well and cover over medium/medium low heat for 10 minutes and then mix well and cover again.
9. Optional: Add peeled hard boiled eggs. Fold the eggs gently (to avoid puncturing the egg whites) to the bottom of the pot so that they are browned by the soy sauce. If you prefer darker stewed eggs add more soy sauce in Step 7 above. After 10 minutes on medium/medium low heat mix everything in the pot so that the eggs are evenly stewed and turn light brown-dark brown depending on how much soy sauce you add. The longer you simmer everything the tastier the tofu and eggs will become.
In case you missed it I also shared this recipe for mapo tofu this past week.
Please stay home and stay safe!