I live and work in the greater Boston area with my Instagram husband who takes my blog photos sometimes. We’re doting pawrents to our fur baby Ralphie. I blog in my spare time and my full-time job involves single sign-on, OGNL expressions, data transfers, Alteryx, SCORM 1.2, learning management systems and other less glamorous tech things and acronyms that I won’t bore you with since you’re here for fashion.
I started blogging and sharing LOFT fitting room reviews after I received the dreaded 90 day return ban twice back in 2013 (hangs head in shame). When I first discovered LOFT I mainly shopped online since the petite styles and in-store selection were very slim back in 2012. Since I was new to shopping at LOFT I ended up returning a lot of items that did not fit due to vanity sizing, inconsistent sizing or quality issues. I hope that my fitting room reviews will help you order the right size at a great price. If you’re new to my blog you can refer to my measurements for size reference.
I turned my negative experience into a positive one by sharing my fitting room reviews on this blog. All opinions are my own and I try my best to keep it honest since I try to share the good and the bad. I had the honor and pleasure of doing a Instagram takeover for LOFT in January 2017– hooray for my 24 hours of insta-fame! In 2018-2019 I finally landed paid partnerships with a few of my favorite brands and while it felt like a dream come true it also came with a lot of pressure to stay true to myself, juggle photo shoots and deadlines and be fully present. I had to re-prioritize my blog due to the Covid-19 pandemic and I appreciate the support of my longtime followers that have stuck with me throughout the years.
At home try-ons and fitting room reviews are a essential part of my shopping process and documenting my try-ons is as much for my own benefit as well as my loyal followers who can relate to the sizing angst of online shopping. I try to include a video clip from my try-on that is linked below each image as a better point of reference especially now that everything is video-centric.
I’ve been sharing finds from other brands but I did a majority of my shopping at LOFT and Ann Taylor before the Covid-19 pandemic. I enjoy sharing my favorite finds and a good sale. My personal style is classic and simple. Less is more.
– I am introverted (INFJ) so I am most comfortable one on one or in smaller groups (more than 4-5 is a crowd).
– My parents are Taiwanese but I was born and raised in the US. Growing up I spoke Taiwanese with my family at home. I do not understand Mandarin beyond some simple phrases. My husband is also American born Taiwanese and he speaks Taiwanese as well.
– I visited the city of Boston, MA for college and I went to Boston University (SMG class of 2005 anyone?). I fell in love with the city of Boston and I stayed on after finding a job at a publishing company where I still work (going on 15+ years).
– When I’m not blogging I enjoy cooking and binge watching Netflix series with my husband. I also love reading but since taking up blogging I haven’t left myself with a lot of free time to relax and enjoy a good book.
– I love bubble tea, simple Taiwanese comfort foods such as minced pork, paneer makhani (one of my favorite Indian dishes), Japanese curry, hamburg, mapo tofu, spaghetti and meatballs and I prefer fried dumplings. I don’t like lobster or shellfish despite living in New England all these years. I’m also not a sports fan.
I would love it if you followed me via the social channels below. I’m most active on Instagram and I typically share the latest sale and sale alerts via my Instagram stories and Insta Shop for avid shoppers.
Bloglovin’ | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
I hope to see you again real soon!