Almond Jelly with canned peaches and rainbow 5 minute boba
Almond jelly with canned fruit is a simple dessert I enjoyed as a child. It’s easy to make and very refreshing.
1. Boil water.
2. Set aside hot water. The water should no longer be boiling when you add the gelatin powder in the next step.
3. Add the gelatin powder and stir as soon as possible or else it will clump. Stir well and break up any clumps. Tiny clumps are usually unavoidable.
4. Add milk and almond extract. Stir well. If you increase the milk ratio the jello will be softer.
5. Transfer and refrigerate the mixture in a clear container. It should be firm in about 3-4 hours. I usually wait until the next day to eat/serve it.
6. Carefully extract the jello from the container by freeing the sides with a butter knife and cut into cubes. If you don’t care how it looks you can cut up the jello however you prefer.
7. Serve with undrained canned fruit of choice. I prefer no sugar added canned fruit. I usually add some cold water (2 1/2 cups) and sugar (2 tablespoons) to serve. This time I added rainbow boba which helped us enjoy the dessert a bit longer since the boba requires chewing otherwise we would slurp it up within minutes.