Chicken Stir Fry with Sweet Peppers and French Beans
1. Cut 1 generous size chicken breast into thin pieces/strips. Click here to see the rest of the chicken that I cut and set aside for later use.
2. Wash, de-seed and cut 6 small sweet (red) peppers into strips.
3. Wash and cut 1/2 pound of french/string beans (or substitute with broccoli) and boil in water for 2-3 minutes. Drain immediately to ensure that they are not overcooked. Stir fry vegetables should remain crisp.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok.
5. Add chicken and enough corn starch to coat the chicken lightly. Saute on high heat.
6. Add 4 cloves of minced garlic. Mix and saute with chicken until it’s cooked (not pink). It should take at least 5 minutes on high heat.
7. Add your vegetables to the wok. I added the sweet peppers first and mixed and sauteed for about another 2 minutes before I added the green beans which I also sauteed for 2 minutes.
8. Add salt and lite soy sauce to taste.
You can watch the steps 4-8 in my TikTok video here.