Hi, I'm Jess.
I live and work in the greater Boston area with my instagram husband who helps me out with my photos. My day job involves single sign-on, data transfers, SCORM 1.2, learning management systems and other less glamorous tech things and acronyms that I won't bore you with since you're here for clothing and fashion. I'm a fan of LOFT and Ann Taylor so if you love these brands then I hope I can be your go-to resource especially when it comes to shopping and saving more!
I started sharing LOFT fitting room reviews after I received the dreaded 90 day return ban twice back in 2013 (hangs head in shame). I mainly shopped online since the petite styles and in-store selection were very slim back in 2012. I ended up returning a lot of items that did not fit due to vanity sizing, inconsistent sizing or quality issues. I hope that my fitting room reviews will help you order the right size at a great price. If you're new to my blog you can refer to my measurements for size reference.
Flash forward to 2018 and LOFT still has not changed their return policy for scanning IDs on returns with a valid receipt in order to deter excessive returns. Note: Based on my recent experience, the LOFT stores are more likely to scan your ID for returns on merchandise purchased in-store versus returns on merchandise purchased online. You can continue to make purchases but the 90 day return ban applies to in-store returns only so you can still make returns via mail at the cost of the return shipping label. While I was disappointed and discouraged by my personal experience with the temporary return ban (it was a long 3 months each time) I still genuinely love LOFT's clothing.
I turned my negative experience into a positive one by sharing fitting room reviews on my blog. All opinions are my own and I try my best to keep it honest since I try to share the good and the bad. I also had the honor and pleasure of doing a Instagram takeover for LOFT in January 2017-- hooray for my 24 hours of insta-fame!
Fitting room reviews are a essential part of my shopping process and documenting my try-ons is as much for my own benefit as well as my loyal followers who can relate to the sizing angst of online shopping. I try to include a video clip from my try-on that is linked below each image as a better point of reference now that everything is more video-centric.
Occasionally I share gems from other brands but I do a majority of my shopping at LOFT and Ann Taylor because their clothes fit me best. I enjoy sharing my favorite finds and a good sale. My personal style is classic and simple. Less is more.
I'm striving to be more selective about the things I buy/order and keep so I periodically cull my closet to keep it manageable. Please check out my Poshmark to shop my closet.
A little more about me:
- I am introverted (INFJ) so I am most comfortable one on one or in smaller groups (more than 4-5 is a crowd).
- My parents are Taiwanese but I was born and raised in the US. Growing up I spoke Taiwanese with my family at home. I do not understand Mandarin beyond some simple phrases.
- I visited the city of Boston, MA for college. I fell in love with the city and I stayed on in Boston after graduation after finding a job at a publishing company where I still work (going on 13+ years).
- When I'm not blogging I enjoy cooking and binge watching Netflix series with my husband. I also love reading but since taking up blogging I haven't left myself with a lot of free time to enjoy a good book.
- I love bubble (boba) tea, Taiwanese comfort food such as minced pork, paneer makhani is once of my favorite Indian dishes, Japanese curry, hamburg, mapo tofu, spaghetti and meatballs and I prefer fried dumplings. I still don't like lobster or shellfish despite living in New England all these years.
I would love it if you followed me via the social channels below. I'm most active on Instagram and I typically share the latest sale and sale alerts via my Instagram stories for avid shoppers.