1 package of Barilla thick spaghetti pasta (but any pasta will suffice)
3/4 cup broccoli florets (more broccoli is always good)
4 mini red sweet peppers diced
5 large garlic cloves minced (more garlic is always yummy)
1 beefsteak tomato diced
5 chicken tenderloins strips cut into small pieces
Costco Kirkland pesto sauce (to taste, I used 4 big heaping spoonfuls)
Black pepper to taste
1. In one pot cook the pasta according to box.
2. Cook the chicken until well done with olive oil and sprinkle some corn starch. Set aside chicken until you’re ready to toss everything together at the end.
3. Cook broccoli florets for 3 minutes in very shallow water (it should be just enough water so that it evaporates within this cooking time for crisp broccoli). Set broccoli aside.
4. Add oil to pan and once the oil is heated add minced garlic to the pan.
5. Add back cooked chicken, pasta, broccoli to the pan.
6. Add 4 heaping spoonfuls of pesto sauce and mix everything in the pan well.
7. Season with black pepper to taste and mix well.
8. Add diced tomatoes last so they do not become overcooked and mushy. Toss everything together in the pan and mix well.
Top each serving with black pepper to taste, sprinkle with Trader Joe’s Colonna Parmesan & Romano grated cheese and squeeze a wedge of lemon.
Occasionally I will also make this pasta with a few pieces of bacon cut into small pieces and baked little potatoes.